ICT FOR DEVELOPMENT
World Vision International (Rwanda) is a child-focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programs in 24 Districts of Rwanda.
World Vision Rwanda seeks to hire a highly qualified, dedicated and experienced national for the position of ICT For Development for CORE Project. The position will be based in Rusizi District and reporting to the CORE Project Manager.
The Creating Off-farm Rwandan Enterprises (CORE) Project is a SIDA-funded project that seeks to significantly increase the incomes of women and youth by supporting women and youth-run cooperatives and entrepreneurial ventures in Nyamasheke and Rusizi Districts. The project is implemented in partnership with the Local Government at district and sector levels.
Purpose of the position:
The project explores ways of harnessing information and communication technology for business and development. The incumbent shall be responsible for implementing, monitoring and evaluating ICT for Development projects as well as effective communication of information sharing between the donors, Community Knowledge Centers and community members. S/he shall promote and facilitate use of ICTs by community members especially youth and women for development, information sharing and knowledge management. In addition, S/he shall also be responsible for promoting networking and collaboration with affiliate organizations, government and stakeholders working with WVR within the communities in the domain of ICT For Development.
The major responsibilities include:
- Assess the strengths, capacities, opportunities and potential of communities.
- Identity existing information gaps and needs within the communities.
- Develop training manuals for the Community Knowledge Centers to address the identified gaps.
- Develop a training plan to roll out the training(s)
- Train communities on the identified gaps
- Do follow-ups on the action plans developed during trainings to ensure they are implemented.
Documentation and reporting
- Develop the World Vision Rwanda Community Knowledge Centers, and Economic Development Concepts
- Compile data on baselines, monitoring reports, evaluations, proposals and concept papers and file them effectively.
- Compile monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annual reports and share them with respective Area Programs, programs and the ICT Manager and project donors.
- Analyze the Community Knowledge Centers project progress and compile reports for management.
- Document best practices that can be replicable to other projects.
Planning, implementation, and Monitoring
- Develop and lead the implementation of an overall annual plan for ICT For Development projects in World Vision Rwanda including, Community Knowledge Centers and Economic Development projects
- Hold quarterly review and planning meetings to review past periods and plan for subsequent periods to ensure alignment to objectives.
- Monitor project operations against set plans.
- Oversee and analyze the project budget to ensure activities are undertaken in line with the budgetary provision.
- Work closely with the grants accountant to accurately report on financials and the progress of implementation.
- Make regular visits to the Community Knowledge Centers to assess the progress as well as document communication and activities within the Community Knowledge Centers.
- Establish and strengthen the M&E systems within the Community knowledge Centers management committees.
- Support the Community Knowledge Centers ICT equipment to ensure they are optimally utilized and operational at all times.
Collaboration, fundraising, and networking
- Initiate strategic institutional collaboration with other stakeholders and other potential donors with an aim of scaling up the Community Knowledge Centers initiative.
- Participate in active fundraising activities and development of proposals to expand the Community Knowledge Centers initiative to other locations.
- Maintain good relationship with donors and ensuring reporting requirements are met on time.
- Contributing to the overall effectiveness of the World Vision Rwanda as a member of the team attending staff meetings and engaging in discussions and decision making on the strategic direction of the organization.
- Perform any other duties as required by the Grants Manager or his/her designee.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training.
Minimum Qualification required:
- Degree in Information science, ICT, Social sciences or any other related qualification from a recognized university.
- At least 3 years of experience working in Community Learning Centre (digital villages) implementation including Community Learning Centre programme design, implementation and monitoring; Communities training and coaching with an emphasis in the special technical capacity for the focus of the project.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
Ability to demonstrate the following desired knowledge, skills, technical capacity and professional competency
- Demonstrated understanding of quality assurance systems, and continuous improvement, with particular emphasis on integration of accountability measures into all aspects of the project cycle
- Diploma in project management
- Good understanding of social and humanitarian industry
- Experience in Business Process Outsourcing will be an added advantage
- Have the Motorcycle driving permit is a added advantage
- Excellent training and facilitation skills.
- Proven ability in designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating ICT For Development projects.
- Ability to influence, network and collaborate with district level, district level government and other NGOs.
- Ability to document good practice and lessons learned in ICT For Development Programming.
- Excellent communication skills (both written & verbal).
- Ability to write effective funding proposals.
- Strong understanding of a systems approach to ICT For Development projects.
- Ability to setup and service ICT equipment’s at the Community Knowledge Centers .
- The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience:
N: B: Women are highly encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-rwanda
If this is your first time applying online via the World Vision International careers website, you will need to register an account along with your application details. This site will provide you with additional functionality, such as saved searches and email alerts. Registration requires minimal information to create your account. Further details will be collected during the application process
All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email or standard post will NOT be considered.
In case you face any challenges in applying, please let us know on firstname.lastname@example.org(no applications will be accepted through this email)
The closing date for submission of applications is October 27, 2018; no late applications will be accepted.
As a child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks