Advertisement on the post of Monitoring and Evaluation Fellow
SCOPE OF WORK
Huguka Dukore Akazi Kanoze M&E Fellow
About Rwanda Organization for Development Initiatives (RODI)
Rwanda Organization for Development Initiatives(RODI) is a local nonprofit making Organization created in 2011 and legally registered by the government of Rwanda through the Rwanda Development Board (RGB). Our vision is to be a “leading Organization in Agribusiness and Business Development Services provision for empowered communities in Rwanda and in the Region” and Our mission is to “contribute to the formation of a new generation of development agents and competitive small farmers in Rwanda”
RODI’s Strategic Objectives includes
- Strengthen and support the institutional capacity of farmers and business communities,
- Educate, train men and women with business skills through capacity building and facilitating their market linkages,
- Promote and introduce viable agricultural commercialization and value chains development by developing and disseminating new methods and approaches,
- To promote modern agriculture among youth and women in rural areas as a way to promote self-employment,
- Environment protection and adoption of techniques for climate changes adaptation. Social protection,
- Food security and nutrition education with focus on children and women.
Since 2014 RODI had have a partnership with Education Development Center (EDC) to implement its program of Akazi Kanoze and from 2017 to date RODI is one of implementing partners of HUGUKA DUKURE- AKAZI KANOZE Project with the purpose of providing youth with the foundation skills and Knowledge, productive workers and participants in civic and Community
Huguka Dukore Akazi Kanoze Project is a USAID Funded project that, over the course of five years from 2016 to 2021, will provide 40, 000 vulnerable youth, 34, 000 new youth and 6, 000 Akazi Kanoze alumni-with employability skills by scaling up proven successful Akazi Kanoze interventions across at least 19 of 30 districts countrywide. The implementation of the Project is led by Education Development Center (EDC) in collaboration with three consortium members Catholic Relief Services (CRS), Connexus and Souktel and 22 other local implementing partners (IPs) that include Rwanda organization for Development Initiatives. Huguka Dukore Akazi Kanoze will use a series of inclusive innovations that will invite more youth to participate in Rwanda’s historic transformation, particularly women, youth with disabilities and other marginalized youth. Recognizing the diversity of youth backgrounds and goals, Huguka Dukore Akazi Kanoze will offer multiple program pathways including, i) employment preparation; ii) individual and cooperative youth microenterprise start-up; iii) business development for existing microenterprises; and iv) continuation onto additional formal Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) training. This fiscal year Rwanda Organization for Development Initiatives (RODI) is implementing the Huguka Dukore- Akazi Kanoze Project providing employability skills as well as employment and self-employment accompaniment services to 540 youth in Ruhango and Nyanza Districts.
Rwanda Organization for Development Initiatives (RODI) is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation fellow (M&E Fellow) to support the M&E work of Huguka Dukore- Akazi Kanoze Project. The M&E Fellow will be responsible for supporting both the M&E Coordinator and Program Coordinator to ensure accurate and comprehensive data collection and management as well as reporting of results and activities accomplished under the project.
The M&E Fellow will be technically supervised by RODI’s M&E Coordinator.
The M&E Fellowship will be for Nine (9) months with possibilities of extending to 12 months.
Essential functions include :
- Support both qualitative and quantitative data collection processes following the project’s reporting schedule;
- Support the provision of data quality control/assurance and best practices on data collected and use;
- Support the identification, documentation and dissemination of lessons learned and success stories;
- Provide needed database update
- Provide feedback on the use of M&E tools/systems
- Support the preparation of narrative and data reports and their timely submission;
- Any other activity as assigned by Supervisor
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, statistics, evaluation, mathematics (with major in statistics), and information technology applied to management, Project management, and Communication.
- Strong computer skills and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Fluent in Kinyarwanda and English
- Have high teamwork skills and willingness to learn
An ideal candidate should:
- Have graduated in less than three (3) years;
- Have experience as a volunteer
- Be motivated to be placed in any organization or area in Rwanda
- Be a resident of the area of operations of RODI
- RODI will offer a monthly stipend not exceeding 200 000 Rwanda Francs (Gross) for food, transport and communication throughout the period of the fellowship;
- The M&E Fellow will benefit from different trainings organized by the project including, but not limited to, M&E, Work Ready Now! (WRN!) and Advanced entrepreneurship;
- The M&E Fellow will be given opportunities to use their knowledge, talents and experiences to learn more about development interventions’ M&E functions and contribute to lives impacting work;
- Rwanda Organization for Development Initiatives (RODI) will provide workstation, access to internet and permission to use its facilities within the limits of its internal policies and procedures;
- At the end of the fellowship EDC and RODI will issue certificate and recommendation for future employment;
Interested candidates should submit their application through email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org including a detailed CV, Cover letter, copy of Degree not notified and Scanned ID document not later than October 28, 2018 midnight. For further information visit our website: www.rodirwanda.org
Please note that only selected candidates will be invited for a written test.
Done at Kigali on 19th October 2018
Executive Director of RODI