General Job information
Job title: Brand Manager
Business Group/Unit: Africa Improved Foods
Location: Kenya or Uganda
Position in the organization
Reports to: Commercial Director
Direct reports: ….
Indirect reports: …..
Purpose of the job
AIF is looking for an experienced self-results-driven, enthusiastic and self-starter Brand manager who is passionate about uncovering consumer insights and delivering innovative marketing campaigns.
You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and you will be required to generate strategies that grow market share and brand’s reputation, improve customer experience and drive growth.
The jobholder will be responsible for performing the following duties:
- Analyze how our brand(s) is positioned in the market and crystalize targeted consumers’ insights
- Take brand ownership and provide the vision, mission, goals and strategies to match up to
- Translate brand strategies into brand plans, brand positioning and go-to-market strategies
- Lead creative development and create motivating stimulus to get targeted population to “take action”
- Establish performance specifications, cost and price parameters, market applications and sales estimates
- Measure and report performance of all marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Coach the team and get the best from everyone
- Monitor market trends, research consumer markets and competitors’ activities to identify opportunities and key issues
- Oversee marketing and advertising activities to ensure consistency with product line strategy
- Monitor product distribution and consumer reactions
- Anticipate bottlenecks
- Brainstorm new and innovative growth strategies
- Align the company around the brand’s direction, choices and tactics
Knowledge and educational level
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Management or any relevant field
- Discipline related knowledge and experience
Required level of professional experience
- A Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Brand Management of FMCG Products in East Africa
- Proven working experience as brand manager or assistant brand manager
- Drive for results and leaderships skills
- Excellent understanding of the full marketing mix
- Highly creative with ability to think out of box
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
Interested candidates should submit their application through “Apply for this job” including a summarized CV with 3 referees, Cover letter not later than December 6th, 2018 midnight.