04th January 2019
To provide a ladder of opportunity to underserved communities in Rwanda, as we proclaim and live the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
We share the hope of Christ as we provide financial services and biblically based training that restore dignity and break the cycle of poverty.
The love of Jesus Christ motivates us to identify with those living in poverty and be His hands and feet as we strive to glorify God
Executive Assistant to the CEO
Urwego Bank Plc is dedicated to providing financial services to the people of Rwanda. Motivated by Jesus Christ’s call to serve those in need. Its mission is to achieve economic spiritual transformation in the lives of underserved, using financial services and tested trainings as we share Jesus Christ’s love.
Urwego Bank wishes to recruit 1 qualified, competent and proactive executive assistant to provide administrative services to the CEO and the executive committee of the Bank:
Job Title: Executive assistant
Reporting to: CEO
Location: Home office – Kigali
The Executive Assistant to the CEO provides full administrative support to the CEO and provides project support to the Executive and Senior Leadership team. This position serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders on all matters pertaining to the office of the CEO. Serving as the liaison to the senior management teams, the executive assistant will creatively exercise good judgment in a variety of situations with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational results, and ability to balance competing priorities.
Spiritual Integration and Christian Witness
- Promote and fulfill the mission and vision of Urwego Bank working within a Christ-centered environment that is mission-driven, community-oriented and results-driven.
- Conduct daily work, make decisions and help Urwego make decisions in a way that witnesses to the presence, power, and love of Jesus and the reality of his Kingdom on earth.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including: managing an active calendar of appointments; creating expense reports; composing, preparing and handling confidential and non-confidential correspondences.
- Arranging detailed travel plans, itineraries, agendas; and preparing meeting plans, agendas, and materials;
- Research, prioritize, and follow-up issues and concerns addressed to the CEO including gathering departmental and client information, data analysis and creation of performance reports;
- Develop and maintain a filing system ensuring corporate documents are safe and easily accessible by the relevant officers of the Bank;
- Prioritize conflicting needs, handling matters expeditiously and proactively, and following through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures;
- Support and enable smooth communication with internal departments, demonstrating Christ-like hospitality; maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Assist the CEO in the preparation of presentations, speeches, and correspondence;
Board Support and Liaison
- Serve as the administrative liaison to the Board of Directors, assisting members with travel arrangements, lodging, local transportation, and meal planning as needed;
- Assist Board Secretary and Legal Officer with administrative tasks related to the Board meetings as requested.
Qualifications and experience
- Personal confession of faith in Jesus Christ and commitment to the mission and vision of Urwego Bank PLC;
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university or college with a degree in administration, business law or a related field of study. Certification in administrative services will be an added advantage.
- At least 3-year experience in office administration related field.
- Knowledge of local and international contexts.
- Knowledge of banking services will be an added advantage
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect an ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to details;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners, and donors;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently;
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response;
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions;
- A university degree in any field of social sciences with at least 3 years of experience in managerial responsibilities or secretarial and legal services as an added advantage;
- Full professional proficiency in spoken/written English, working proficiency of French and or Kinyarwanda is advantageous; and
- Microsoft Excel skills, word, power point presentation, google docs and experience with other Microsoft Office Suite products.
How to apply
Interested and eligible applicants should submit the following documents to Urwego Bank Plc Head Office at Remera, Umuyenzi Plaza not later than 18th January 2019 at 5 pm.
- Motivation letter explaining your suitability for the position,
- Curriculum vitae with 2 referee names,
- Degree Certificate, a copy of ID and additional certificates if any.
- Recommendation from your Church.
- Statement of Faith.
Only Shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for the interview.
Urwego Bank PLC