Wilderness Safaris is a responsible luxury ecotourism company that exists to protect pristine wilderness areas and the flora and fauna that they support. Imizi Eco-Tourism Development Ltd., trading as Wilderness Safaris is opening Magashi lodge, situated in Akagera National Park in the course of 2019.
For Magashi lodge we are looking for a qualified and experienced mechanic who is keen to join the Magashi team in Akagera NP.
Position available: MECHANIC / MAINTENANCE
Minimum Requirements and Competencies:
- Rwandan nationality
- A relevant qualification pertinent to the position.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar position.
- Outstanding communication skills and experience, able to read – speak – write English.
- Demonstrated reliability and trustworthiness.
- People skills, experience in team environments and eager to learn.
- Diverse qualities in maintenance, mechanics and servicing of parts.
- Well-trained and highly organized professional who takes pride in his or her work and can perform various service and repair duties.
- Diagnose vehicles, boats (engines), generator based on observational and mechanical testing as well as information provided.
- Repair vehicles, boats (engines), generator and other equipment based on the diagnosed issues.
- File appropriate documentation on each repair.
- Keep control over stock in workshop and order necessary parts after approval from management.
- In possession of a valid driver license.
- Knowledge of tools and equipment required to conduct all repairs.
- Ability to operate diagnostic tools required.
Only candidates who meet the above requirements need to apply by enclosing a current curriculum vitae, condensed biography, recent profile picture, current contact and cellphone details, relevant references and copies of certificates. Please indicate the position in the email subject line.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated with.
The closing date for all applications will be on Monday the 21st of January 2019.