GOLDEN PLAZA, 3rd Floor
KG 546 Street 1
Tel.: + (250) 738795924
Re-advertised – Compliance Officer position (1)
Why Choose IntraHealth
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.
Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Reporting to the Chief of Party, the Compliance Officer will be primarily responsible for ensuring compliance with organizational policies and procedures, donor’s rules and regulations, and the statutory mandates both in program operations as well as finance operations. In addition, s/he will be responsible for ensuring that the organization is not defrauded in any way by having resources effectively and efficiently used for only the planned activities. S/he will also make sure programmatic, financial, operational and grant management processes meet requirements and ensure weaknesses are improved and that best practices are adopted.
- Perform project’s audits, internal control reviews and compliance assessment activities
- Analyze findings and make recommendations to address control gaps.
- Follow up on the recommendations to ensure effective implementation
- Conduct periodic site-visits to partners & review their financial records/internal control systems and make recommendations
- Perform special audits/investigations and effectively report the outcome to supervisor and IntraHealth management.
- Monitor financial activities and keep the Chief of Party advised of any situations which has potential for negative impact on activity implementation.
- Provide professional advice with regard to internal control systems and compliance.
- Effectively document and write reports on findings and recommendations from internal control and compliance assessments/audits to improve processes controls and systems.
- Support the management team during internal /external audits: coordinate preparation activities and documentation during audit.
- Support the Chief of Party in follow-up of recommendations & closure activities for both internal and external audits; support, monitor and verify audit closure.
- Coordinate with the Chief of Party and management team to identify knowledge and skills gaps in finance, operations and subrecipient management and manage provision of capacity building interventions in the areas of compliance and risk management to staff and partners.
- Be first point of contact for colleagues and management on compliance-related issues.
- Assist IntraHealth operations and program teams with risk identification, analysis and mitigation.
- Assist IntraHealth Department of Compliance in compliance and enterprise risk management activities.
- Any other task assigned by the employer.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Risk & Compliance or related field;
- Professional financial qualification required e.g. ACCA, CPA, CIA;
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience in compliance, risk management, grant management, establishing and maintaining effective working relationship, two of which as an auditor;
- Working knowledge of the regulations and compliance requirements of bilateral funding sources such as CDC, USAID, etc;
- A working experience with USAID-funded projects;
- In-depth knowledge and experience in risk management, risk profiling, and compliance and systems reviews;
- Ability to deliver training in finance, operations and subrecipient management and prepare training materials will be an asset;
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to detect and report inconsistencies;
- Excellent influencing skills, diplomacy, tact and ability to obtain cooperation of individuals and staff not under own control;
- Be persistent and resolute;
- Ability to operate comfortably within a complex cultural, global environment;
- Ability to multi-task effortlessly and manage competing priorities under demanding deadlines without close supervision;
- Serves with high level of integrity and models stewardship;
- Conscientious, accurate and thorough with great attention to detail;
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics;
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers, so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers go to the link below and before February 19, 2019: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-u