RWANDA MUSLIMS COMMUNITY (RMC) WOULD LIKE TO RECRUT THE EXECUTIVE SECRETARY (E.S)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR RECRUITMENT:
The mission of RMC is to promote and support Muslim faith as well as the development and well-being of Muslims in particular and for Rwandans in general.
The Rwandan Muslim Community (RMC) wishes to encourage all qualified, capable and interested professional candidates to apply for the vacant position of Executive Secretary. He or she will be an exceptionally talented and qualified with a passion for Islam and a desire to use his abilities in service of RMC’s mission.
The Executive Secretary will provide sound strategic planning, build, develop and mentor a service-oriented of RMC; and foster an office culture of good management and accountability. He or she will be able to take direction and self-motivate, as well as handle his responsibilities with little oversight. Additionally, he/she should be well-versed and have an in-depth knowledge of the Rwanda Muslim Community.
The Executive Secretary should be able to work independently and without need for on-site supervision. He or she is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the RMC, hires and supervises any paid office staff, coordinates all volunteer office workers, and routinely handles unusual problems under difficult circumstances in what is sometimes an unsettled environment.
The Executive Secretary is the first point of contact for all stakeholders contacting RMC and will provide all required information about RMC and its activities in general in response to telephone, facsimile, email, and postal inquiries; and assists in the preparation and distribution of public relations materials. The Executive Secretary will report to the Mufti of Rwanda.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that relevant projects and its funding are performed on time;
- Coordinate the activities of RMC at national level;
- Coordinate and control of activities for the High Council and the Executive Committee;
- Preparing and coordinate office management activities;
- Maintain executive’s agenda and assist in planning appointments, the High Council and Executive Committee’s meetings;
- Preparing and supervising Board and Directorate comities meetings;
- Execution of board’s decisions, Supervise and direct daily activities of RMC;
- Supervise the staff of RMC under contracts and take administrative decisions against them in case of misconduct;
- Coordinate budget preparation of RMC and its execution;
- Maintain electronic and paper records ensuring information is organized and easily accessible, Handle confidential documents ensuring they remain secure, Maintain hard copy and electronic filing system;
- Coordinate the activities of lower level and to order them all instructions from the Board;
- Execution of RMC’s politics;
- Maintain programs and instructions of RMC’s Board;
- Take staff meetings (prepare meetings) and prepare agenda for meetings and direct meetings between the secretary executive and staff of RMC quarterly and submit the reports to the Board;
- To put in place the boards in different institutions of RMC and submit the reports to the National Executive Committee of RMC, ensuring that accurate minutes of meetings are taken and approved timely;
- To communicate to the public the vacant positions that require recruitment under legal process;
- Prepare business plan of RMC and budget of different sectors and institutions of RMC in collaboration with a commission in charge;
- Submit activity reports and financial reports to the Executive Committee quarterly after analyses and approval of the commission in charge;
- Planning and supervise the trainings of all level staff for strengthening their capacities;
- Putting in execution the decisions and instructions of Executive Committee of RMC;
- Contracts drafting of all employees of Rwanda Muslims Community (RMC), Keeps up-to-date on documents/reports/guidelines; preparation and making internal and external correspondences well;
- Develop an effective program of communicating and enforcing all policies and procedures, internal regulations in different RMC’s entities;
- Ensure all compliance with internal and donors procedures’ compliance in RMC project management;
- Provide regular feedback and evaluation to Mufti of Rwanda for RMC staff regarding their performance and development;
- The Executive Secretary will provide all necessary forms and information to the Payroll Service and Accountants; coordinates and remits payment for all employee benefits; and assures that all corporate and payroll taxes are paid promptly, and associated forms prepared accurately and submitted in a timely manner.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least have a bachelor’s degree in Administration, law, Management, Finance, Economics or other related fields;
- At least five years’ experience in administration, managing the finance component for donor-funded programs, public institutions, banks, or other related activities;
- Exceptional leadership skills demonstrated during a minimum of three years of successful team management;
- Public institutions, private companies, NGOs, banks, or other financial institutions working experience of at least three years.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Proven ability to serve as a spiritual leader;
- Operational Project Management: Demonstrates in-depth knowledge and understanding of project management tools & methodologies, as well as of Bank instruments and processes related to project preparation & implementation, resource management, and stakeholder communications;
- Client Orientation: Maintains client relationships in the face of conflicting demands or directions and provides evidence-based advice and solutions based on sound diagnosis and knowledge;
- Drive for Results: Strong experience in the identification of the needed resources to accomplish results involving multiple stakeholders and finds solutions to obstacles affecting key deliverables;
- Teamwork: Effective leadership in ensuring the team stays organized and focused, and actively seeks and considers diverse ideas and approaches, both as a team member or team leader;
- Knowledge, learning and communication: in-depth knowledge in sharing of best practice, trends, knowledge, and lessons learned across units and with clients and partners, articulating ideas verbally and in writing in a clear and compelling way across audiences of varied levels;
- Business judgment and analytical decision making: Gather data input, assess risk, considers the impact and articulates benefits of decisions for internal and external stakeholders;
- Strong communication skills and persuasiveness in presenting, negotiating and resolving highly complex issues, both orally and in writing in English/French;
- Proven ability to work effectively and efficiently in fragile and conflict-affected environments;
- Strong analytical skills: In-depth knowledge in financial data gathering and analysis;
- Ability to achieve challenging goals in a cross-cultural setting;
- Sound judgment combined with keen analytic and problem-solving skills that support sound decision-making;
- Knowledge of Arabic language is an added advantage.
- Exemplify mature, authentic Islam discipleship and servant leadership;
- Foster a culture of spiritual health, service, and integrity; and
- Continually lead and encourage field office personnel to prioritize their own spiritual formation and Muslims discipleship;
- Confident and humble servant leader;
- Exceptionally high level of honesty, integrity, and transparency;
- Submission letter signed and addressed to the Mufti of Rwanda;
- Detailed signed curriculum vitae (CV);
- Copies of degrees and certificates;
- Copy of certificate from Imam of Mosque where he performs his daily prayers;
Closing date: 15 February 2019 at 17 h 00’
Done at Kigali, 31 January 2019
Sheikh Salim HITIMANA
The Mufti of Rwanda
Rwanda Muslims Community (R.M.C)