Assistant Safety Focal Point for GIZ Country Office
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a federally owned international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. GIZ has worked in Rwanda for over 30 years. The primary objectives between the Government of Rwanda and the Federal Republic of Germany are poverty reduction and promotion of sustainable development. To achieve these objectives, GIZ Rwanda is active in the sectors of Decentralization and Good Governance, Economic Development and Employment Promotion, Energy and ICT (Information and Communications Technology).
GIZ Rwanda is searching candidate for the position of Assistant Safety Focal Point. The position will be based in the GIZ Country Office Kigali.
The Assistant Safety Focal Point is responsible for:
§ Assisting in establishing Safety and Risk Management for GIZ Rwanda
§ Maintaining a safety and risk manager network within the country of assignment
§ Providing support to projects related to safety and risk management
The Assistant Safety Focal Point performs the following tasks:
1. Specific tasks
· Assisting the Safety Focal Point (SFP) in implementing the country-specific Safety and risk management strategy
· Assisting in implementing the company-wide Safety and risk management strategy
· Assisting in drafting and implementing country-specific requirements of GIZ’s minimum Safety and security standards
· Assisting in implementing risk assessments based on GIZ’s Safety and risk management system (once a year)
· Helping compile emergency and hibernation, relocation and evacuation plans at the country level
· Assisting in implementing the special organizational structure for organizing country-specific crisis management activities
· Assisting in submitting reports to the Country Director and to the Corporate Unit
· Carrying out routine Safety briefings for staff in cooperation with Safety Focal Point (SFP)
2. Other duties/task
The Assistant Safety Focal Point
· Performs other duties and tasks related to Safety aspects at the request of management
C. Required qualifications, competencies and experience
· At least a bachelor’s degree in related fields
- At least one-year work experience in similar field
Other knowledge, additional competencies
§ Professional English language (written and spoken)
§ German and French would be added advantage
Interested candidates should submit their application (motivation letter, updated CV, certificates, and references) until 5th March 2019 at 4:00 PM, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The email attachment (max. size 2 MB) should be a PDF file. Please quote the job title in the subject
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for test and interview.
GIZ Office Rwanda
KN 41 St. / Nr.17, Kiyovu
P.O. Box 59, Kigali,
GIZ Office Rwanda reserves all rights!!!