To provide a ladder of opportunity to underserved communities in Rwanda, as we proclaim and live the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
We share the hope of Christ as we provide financial services and biblically based training that restore dignity and break the cycle of poverty.
The love of Jesus Christ motivates us to identify with those living in poverty and be His hands and feet as we strive to glorify God.
Legal Officer Intern
Urwego Bank Plc is dedicated to providing financial services to the people of Rwanda. Motivated by Jesus Christ’s call to serve those in need. Its mission is to achieve economic spiritual transformation in the lives of underserved, using financial services and tested trainings as we share Jesus Christ’s love.
Urwego Bank wishes to recruit 1 qualified, competent and proactive Legal Officer Intern to provide contract management duties for the Bank:
Job Title: Legal Officer Intern
Department: Legal and Recovery
Duration: Six months
Reporting to: Legal and Recovery Manager
Location: Home office – Kigali
The Legal Officer Intern is a position for an aspiring young professional at the beginning of his or her career. They will provide assistance in the Legal and Recovery department under the supervision of the Legal and Recovery Manager. The duties include maintaining a filling system, maintain and update an electronic contract database as well as review contracts entered into by the Bank.
Spiritual Integration and Christian Witness
- Promote and fulfill the mission and vision of Urwego Bank working within a Christ-centered environment that is mission-driven, community oriented and results-driven.
- Conduct daily work, make decisions, and help Urwego make decisions in a way that witnesses to the presence, power, and love of Jesus and the reality of his Kingdom on earth.
- Develop and maintain a filling system ensuring corporate contracts (leasehold, Insurance, services including all IT, CRB, general services, and e-banking vendors, etc.) are safe and easily accessible by the relevant officers of the bank;
- Maintain and update an electronic contract database on the common drive with a complete list of all corporate contracts, key terms, expiration dates, status, and responsible officer; and
- Review contracts entered into by the Bank, and brief Legal and Recovery Manager where contracts should be reviewed to ensure protection for the bank.
Legal Review and Drafting
- Draft contracts, briefs, notices, memoranda, circulars, correspondences, orders, reports, and other legal forms as required for review by the Legal and Recovery Manager
- Assist with legal support work as requested by the Legal recovery Manager; and
- Any other duties as assigned
Qualifications and experience
- Personal confession of faith in Jesus Christ and commitment to the mission and vision of Urwego Bank PLC;
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university or college with a degree in Law, business law or a related field of study. Students may provide latest academic transcripts in related fields. Certification and or experience with contract management will be an added advantage.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of service and response to field and head office leaders;
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public;
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to details;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently;
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions;
- Full professional proficiency in spoken/written English, working proficiency of French and or Kinyarwanda is advantageous; and
- Microsoft Excel skills, word, power point presentation, Google docs and experience with other Microsoft Office Suite products.
How to apply
Interested and eligible applicants should submit the following documents to Urwego Bank Plc Head Office at Remera, Umuyenzi Plaza not later than 1st March 2019 at 5 pm.
- Motivation letter explaining your suitability for the position,
- Curriculum vitae with 2 referee names,
- Degree Certificate or Academic transcripts, copy of ID and additional certificates if any.
- Recommendation from your Church.
- Statement of Faith.
Only Shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for the interview.
Urwego Bank PLC