CARE International is seeking to recruit a “Nutrition Technical Advisor (NTA)” for the USAID Orora Wihaze program Pending Donor Approval
CARE is a leading humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. We seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live in dignity and security. CARE International aims to be a global force and a partner of choice within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty.
Overview of the Role
The Nutrition Technical Advisor (NTA) has a strategic role in ensuring that CARE Rwanda’s role in implementing USAID Orora Wihaze program is effective in positively impacting the health of women, including pregnant and lactating women and children (6-23 months old) in Rwanda. Critically, this involves coordinating the overall design, implementation, oversight, and reporting of the program’s nutrition achievements of the project, ensuring that all the critical stakeholders are engaged, plans are timely developed and aligned with the overall program coordination in the country and to standards. The NTA liaises with CARE Rwanda’ Head of Program Implementation and Management , Head of Knowledge Management & Learning Hub (KML Hub) to ensure that learnings from projects are used to continually improve, and develop new strategies, tools and approaches that will proactively address root causes of vulnerability and have a beneficial impact in the lives of Rwanda’s women and children; and the Program Support and Finance teams to ensure timely and quality support to the project; in particular by working closely with other multi-disciplinary project management and implementation teams.
The Nutrition Technical Advisor collaborates with the Country Director and The Head of Program Implementation and Management to inform and guide nutrition component planning and advancement in complete integration with other USAID funded nutrition interventions implemented by different partners in Rwanda. In addition, the Nutrition Technical Advisor is responsible for overseeing the deployment and proper use of CARE’s resources in the project and implementing risk management and accountability strategies according to CARE and Donor policies.
Requirements for the Role
- Master’s degree or equivalent training in nutrition science or dietetics with focus on diet formulation for women, infants and children;
- Five (5) years of progressive professional experience working as a member of a development team with responsibility for design and leadership of nutrition-sensitive agriculture programs focused on reducing malnutrition by improving the diets of women and children in rural poor households;
- Experience leading nutrition improvement programs in Rwanda or a country with a similar rural socio-economic setting or in nutrition research in a Rwandan university is highly desirable; and
- Demonstrated successful experience collaborating across programs and strong communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to productively interact with a wide range and levels of organizations (government, the private sector, other development project teams, NGOs, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience in program design, implementation; including participatory approaches
- Experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with implementing partners, donors and government counterparts
- Experience overseeing projects addressing social-cultural norms
- Experience in women and girls-centered programming approach will be an advantage
- Demonstrated leadership and management capacities in a complex setting
- Demonstrated ability in program design, implementation and evaluation
- Demonstrated self-awareness, leadership and interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Ability to establish a learning culture and to facilitate knowledge sharing self-motivated, energetic, hard-working, servant-hearted
- Team-player with good inter-personal skills Committed to team-building and able to develop and support other team members
- Demonstrated strong report writing skills
- Rwandan nationality
- Computer/ICT skills including MS Office applications. Experience in social/digital media.
CARE seeks to improve the lives of the most marginalized, particularly women and girls. Our diversity is our strength. We encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences to apply. Female candidates with the above profile are strongly encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and a resume mentioning a salary expectation not later than by using the” Apply for this job” button below February 26, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps.