To provide a ladder of opportunity to underserved communities in Rwanda, as we proclaim and live the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
We share the hope of Christ as we provide financial services and biblically based training that restore dignity and break the cycle of poverty.
The love of Jesus Christ motivates us to identify with those living in poverty and be His hands and feet as we strive to glorify God.
Spiritual Integration Intern
Urwego Bank Plc is dedicated to providing financial services to the people of Rwanda. Motivated by Jesus Christ’s call to serve those in need. Its mission is to achieve economic spiritual transformation in the lives of underserved, using financial services and tested trainings as we share Jesus Christ’s love.
Urwego Bank wishes to recruit 1 qualified, competent and proactive Spiritual Integration Intern to be responsible for visiting and collecting PASSION stories from staff and clients:
Job Title: Spiritual Integration Intern
Department: Spiritual Integration
Duration: Six months
Reporting to: Head of Spiritual Integration
Location: Home office – Kigali
The Spiritual Integration intern will be required to work with branch staff to identify, visit and collect touching “PASSION’ stories from staff and clients.
Spiritual Integration and Christian Witness
- Promote and fulfill the mission and vision of Urwego Bank working within a Christ-centered environment that is mission-driven, community-oriented and results-driven.
- Conduct daily work, make decisions and help Urwego make decisions in a way that witnesses to the presence, power, and love of Jesus and the reality of his Kingdom on earth.
- Work with branch staff to identify staff and clients with PASSION stories
- Visit Listen and collect these stories from staff ad clients
- Support the spiritual integration team in any other assigned duties
Qualifications and experience
- Personal confession of faith in Jesus Christ and commitment to the mission and vision of Urwego Bank PLC;
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university or college with a degree Students may provide the latest academic transcripts. Certification in literature and or writing will be an added advantage. (Because this position will require a lot of writing and narrating)
- Ready to travel around the country and meet staff and clients;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, and to deal with problems/issues promptly and efficiently;
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public;
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to details;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners, and donors;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently;
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions;
- Self-Motivated, well organized and good time management skills;
- Full professional proficiency in spoken/written English, working proficiency of French and or Kinyarwanda is advantageous; and
- Microsoft Excel skills, word, power point presentation, Google docs, and experience with other Microsoft Office Suite products.
How to apply
Interested and eligible applicants should submit the following documents to Urwego Bank Plc Head Office at Remera, Umuyenzi Plaza not later than 1st March 2019 at 5 pm.
- Motivation letter explaining your suitability for the position,
- Curriculum vitae with 2 referee names,
- Degree Certificate or Academic transcripts, copy of ID and additional certificates if any.
- Recommendation from your Church.
- Statement of Faith.
Only Shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for the interview.
Urwego Bank PLC