Chief of Party
Rwanda Orora Wihaze
Land O’Lakes International Development is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit helping communities around the world build economies by strengthening agriculture from farm-to-fork, helping businesses grow, and linking farmers to markets. Since our start in 1981, we have been leveraging nearly 100 years of expertise in dairy, animal nutrition, crop inputs and agricultural insights from our close affiliate, Land O’Lakes, Inc., a farmer-owned agribusiness committed to fulfilling its purpose of feeding human progress. Our team is made up of nearly 350 employees who are committed to market-led approaches, and passionate about collaborating locally to create lasting inclusive economic growth. By unlocking the potential of agriculture for the last 36 years, the lives of more than 3 million people have been transformed through nearly 300 programs in more than 80 countries.
The Orora Wihaze activity will sustainably increase the availability of, access to, and consumption of animal-source foods (ASF) through development of a profitable market. To accomplish this goal, Orora Wihaze seeks to remove production, marketing and consumption constraints affecting dietary diversity of households, especially for women of reproductive age and children of 6-23 months. For households that do not produce or sell ASF, Orora Wihaze will enhance access to safe ASF through development of the existing market system.
The Orora Wihaze activity will use a private sector oriented, market facilitation approach to achieve the intended goal. The approach must sustainably increase livestock productivity, improve relationships across actors in the ASF value chains, build capacity of enterprises in the ASF sector, facilitate access to finance and increase private sector investments in ASF value chains.
Position Summary and Primary Responsibilities:
The Chief of Party (COP) will provide strategic vision, overall leadership and technical direction to the project. The COP will ensure the project is planned and executed with quality, accountability and measurable impact. The COP will be the primary liaison with USAID and other donor partners, as necessary, and will manage project staff and implementing partners to ensure proper reporting, financial management, and compliance. The COP is expected to coordinate with government and other stakeholders to ensure that activities complement ongoing initiatives and adhere to country and global standards. The position will be based in Kigali, Rwanda with frequent travel to local field sites. Per the terms of the RFP, this position is considered Key Personnel.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Chief of Party will report to the Land O’Lakes HQ Regional Project Director and will have supervisory responsibility over both key and non-key personnel across the project.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in a relevant technical area is highly desirable.
- At least eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience in the area of agribusiness, trade or private sector development is highly desirable.
- Experience with host country public agencies and ministries, as well as with private sector advocacy organizations, is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in the following areas is desirable: public-private partnerships, agricultural policy reform and the facilitation of the policy reform process in the Sub-Saharan African context, public-private dialogue, and institution coalition building in rural economies.
- The following prior experience is desirable: experience as a chief of party or similar role in the implementation of activities/projects of similar complexity to Orora Wihaze, experience managing teams of professionals, and experience with the administrative, procurement, hiring, recruitment, financial and logistical aspects of activity/project implementation.
- Experience working with international development agencies, recipient country governments, and the private sector in low-income countries is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners, and ability to lead multidisciplinary teams is highly desirable.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply on https://lol.avature.net/Careers/JobDetail/Kigali-Rwanda-Chief-of-Party/1265
Application deadline is March 1st, 2019 5 pm Kigali time.