Position: Workshop Supervisor
Only open for Rwandan Nationals
To supervise and manage the workshop staff to achieve the throughput target.
Key Position requirements:
- Monitor and ensure efficient use of workshop equipment at all times.
- Build and maintain strong working relations with staff and customers
- Monitor and report on the number of repeat jobs and develop a countermeasure
- Follow up on customer complaints and ensure they are resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensure adherence to the Company’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) in the workshop at all times.
- Ensure compliance with workshop policies and procedures by all staff in the workshop.
- Evaluation of own & teamwork plans and reports
- Ensure full utilization of workshop available labor and resources to achieve planned operational targets
- Ensure the most effective use of available time and equipment.
- Assist the technicians in accurate & timely troubleshooting & diagnosis of complicated vehicle defects.
- Ensure compliance to Safety, Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) within the workshop at all times
- Monthly audit on Safety / Environment Health and Safety (EHS) compliance
- Support implementation of service marketing campaigns
- Submit weekly WIP reports for review
- Review and discuss weekly, activity and productivity reports with a service manager
- Carry out quality checks on all work done in respect to the job card
- Carry out road test for all repair jobs hence confirm problem rectification.
- Prepare vehicle defects report
- Respond to & handle customer complaints in cases of repeat job.
- Proper management of own technical tools & equipment
- Adhere to company standards by carefully handling customer vehicles & tools to avoid damages and losses.
- A degree/diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 7 years of experience managing a workshop
- Working within a multinational organization with fast-paced requirements.
- Business acumen/commercial knowledge
- Working with advanced Business ERP’s
- leadership skills
- knowledge of products and processes
- Excellent communication skills
- Critical/Analytical thinking
- Computer skills
- Sound technical understanding (Automotive)
How to Apply
Candidates matching the requirements are invited to apply using the “Apply for this job” button below before the 19th March 2019.