JOB DESCRIPTION FOR THE HUGUKA DUKORE/GROW PROJECT FIELD OFFICER
Job title: Field officer
Reporting to: Huguka Dukore Project coordinator
HPA ( Health Poverty Action) is starting the implementation of the GROW Sustainable Livelihoods Component/package for 208 Akazi Kanoze alumni and/or other youth already engaged in businesses and/or wage employment in the district of Nyaruguru. HPA deliver the GROW packages for a period of 10 months starting on March 1st until December 31st, 2019.
Health Poverty Action is currently looking for an experienced Field Officer to ensure successful GROW project implementation.
The implementation of GROW will require to have a dedicated GROW Field Officer (FO) for a ten (10) months’ period, who will be in charge of selecting eligible youth, support in recruiting trainers, supervising youth training, and accompanying youth.
Duties and Responsibilities (these duties are a general summary and not all inclusive):
- Serve as a role model and develop and maintain a constructive, positive relationship with youth while assisting them in GROW training,
- Collaborate, supervise and/or participate with youth in various activities, such as youth Accompaniments Groups and SILC groups.
- Supervise the implementation of the project to achieve the anticipated results;
- Ensure that all project components are implemented according to the project plans, in order to meet all goals and objectives.
- Produce monthly and quarterly reports in relation to the project activities;
- Keep good communications between the project leaders and partners;
- Work closely with M&E to ensure timely data collection, monthly and quarterly reporting;
- Ensuring that any success stories are properly recorded.
Required Qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Management or others related with at least 3 years of experience;
- Extensive project field skills and experience in youth interaction;
- Proven experience as a field officer or relevant similar position
- Use of MS word, excel and power point;
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills;
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English, Kinyarwanda;
- Capable to work under pressure
Location: Huye District with regular travels to Nyaruguru district.
Terms: 10 months contract.
Interested Candidates should send a CV, 2 references, a letter of motivation, a copy of degree(s)/Certificate(s) to Health Poverty Action electronically: email@example.com
The deadline for submission of applications is 27th February 2019 by 15:30 pm. Late applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Done in Kigali, on 20th February 2019
By Dario Devale
HPA Country Director