Vacancy for National Research Analyst for Macroeconomic and Investment Policy Program (MIP)
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a federally owned international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. GIZ has worked in Rwanda for over 30 years. The primary objectives between the Government of Rwanda and the Federal Republic of Germany are poverty reduction and promotion of sustainable development. To achieve these objectives, GIZ Rwanda is active in the sectors of Decentralization and Good Governance, Economic Development and Employment Promotion and Energy.
The GIZ program “Macroeconomic and Investment Policies” (MIP) has been commissioned by the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) from April 2018 until March 2021 in the area of Sustainable Economic Development.
The overall objective, to which the program MIP contributes, is the strengthening of the analytical capacities for macroeconomic analysis and research, with emphasis on quantitative and empirical methods. The Programme’s Support Area 1 supports the Chief Economist Department (CED), National Bank of Rwanda (NBR) and National Institute of Statistics of Rwanda (NISR).The purpose assignment of the Macroeconomic and Investment Policies” (MIP) is to improve capacities at individual and institutional levels for macroeconomic management (including the National Strategy for Transformation- NST and Vision 2050).
GIZ Rwanda is searching candidate for the position of National Research Analyst for the Macroeconomic and Investment Policy Program (MIP)
The National Research Analyst for the Macroeconomic and Investment Policy Program is GIZ staff under the supervision of the GIZ Macroeconomic Program Manager and she/ he will be based at the Ministry of Economic Planning and Finance (MINECOFIN).
The National Research Analyst is responsible for:
Representing the Programme towards Partners and partner institutions in the sector
- Helping to draft the Operational Plan for Programme Support Area 1 (SA1), monitoring implementation and contributing to regular reporting
- Supporting international experts under the Programme in delivering their training, advising and applying research activities.
The National Research Analyst performs the following tasks:
1. Specific tasks
- Providing support for continuous maintenance and development of intMF, short-term forecasting, and long-term growth model (including public investment-growth links)
- Supporting development of macroeconometric model (12 quarters) for business cycle and impact analysis of shocks and policy responses.
- AnAnalyzingf income distribution, employment, poverty (macro-micro link)
- Providing on-the-job training in these areas, and structured training in selected areas
- Fulfilling macroeconomic analysis assignments by Senior Economist/Chief Economist
- Drafting terms of reference and identifying candidates for short-term research projects, trainings, and other activities in Support Area 1 (SA1)
- Assisting Chief Economist Department (CED) in supervising interns and research fellows, at request of Chief Economist (CE) and in consultation with GIZ MIP Programme manager
- Participating in GIZ meetings and GIZ sector network meetings and job-related trainings
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- A Master’s Degree in economics, Econometrics or Statistics from a recognised university; a PhD is an additional asset
- At least 2 years of relevant work or research experience
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Good working knowledge of macroeconomics and quantitative methods
- Good knowledge of econometric & modelling software (Eviews, Stata, Matlab,..)
- Good oral and written communication skills in English; French is an added asset
- Pro-active approach, ability to work in teams, integrity, and respectful attitude towards government officials
- Keen interest in Rwandan inclusive economic development agenda.
Interested candidates should submit their application (motivation letter, updated CV, certificates and references) until latest 07th March 2019 at 4:00 PM, at the front desk of GIZ Office or by e-mail to email@example.com
The email attachment (max. size 2 MB) should be a PDF file. Please quote the job title in the subject
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for test and interview.
GIZ Office Rwanda
KN 41 St. / Nr.17, Kiyovu
P.O. Box 59, Kigali,
GIZ office Rwanda reserves all rights!!