SENIOR EMERGENCY FIELD COORDINATOR
The Senior Field Coordinator (Kirehe) is responsible for providing representation, and coordination of functional activities at the field office. He is also responsible for production, coordination and dissemination of quality and timely management information (including tracking of humanitarian response); communication products and context analysis. This will include working with programme and support teams in the coordination and dissemination of operations planning and reporting, ongoing response information with tools including SitReps, Output Trackers; humanitarian dashboard; and updated programme case studies and factsheets.
The Senior Field Coordinator will work closely with the program managers in providing coordination, direction, and support to the program operations at the field level. Providing management support in ensuring activities are completed as per plans and donor requirements while providing advice on overall program strategies and mechanisms in Kirehe.
The incumbent will represent SCIRWA to various stakeholders at the Kirehe District level. Maintain good relations with appropriate stakeholders in government, UNHCR, NGOs, and communities. Particular emphasis will be placed on systematically enhancing the capacity of senior field-based staff, through a coaching and mentoring approach, with the aim of enhanced decision-making, qualitative implementation, and cost-effective operations.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal job description and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Qualifications and experience
- At least 3 years/substantial experience working in a humanitarian context.
- Representational, political awareness and advocacy skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision from the line manager.
- Experience of working with partners and a participatory approach
- Skills and experience in project implementation, monitoring, review, and evaluation preferably from a child rights approach in accordance with the CRC and international humanitarian rights standards.
- Substantial people and programme management experience with good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels.
- Experience in grant management, including budget holding and donor reporting is an added advantage
- Ability to produce high-quality reports.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and computer literate.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values, and principles
- Able to manage a high workload and meet tight deadlines
Contract length: Open Ended
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued
Level 3 – the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively
Interested candidates should send an application letter plus updated Curriculum Vitae as a single document in English, including 3 names of professional referees to the following link:
A deadline for receiving applications is March 5th, 2019.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.*
*Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process*