BRAC is the world’s largest, and leading development organization dedicated to poverty alleviation and empowerment of the poor. Initiated in Bangladesh in 1972, BRAC now operates in 11 countries across Asia, Africa, and the Americas. To counter poverty and promote social empowerment, BRAC strategically integrates development programs in microfinance, agriculture, health, education, human rights and legal aid, community empowerment and more.
BRAC promotes gender empowerment with much emphasis, women empowerment. As such, BRAC mainstreams gender in its strategic plans, action plans, and operations to contribute national gender balance policy strategies. One of the implementation strategies ensuring gender balance in its recruitment policy and processes.
BRAC Rwanda Microfinance Company PLC is registered with Rwanda Development Board in September 2018 and recently was approved a provisional license from National Bank of Rwanda to operate Microfinance and other financial services in Rwanda. BRAC Rwanda is looking for competent, dynamic and self-motivated Rwandans to fill the following regular position.
Position: Credit Officer
Job location: Any District
Gross salary range: Rwf 200,000-225,000. Other benefits will be as per organizational Policy.
Major Duties and Responsibilities of Credit Officer:
- Conduct household surveys using mobile app/Tab based application while opening a new branch. Identify potential clients based on survey results. Form a group and provide orientation for the group members.
- Arrange the admission of new members if a group becomes too small. Conduct two to three groups meetings per day.
- Provide financial education to group members as per organizational policy.
- Collect savings and weekly installments from the small group leaders.
- Credit Officer will fill all loan data such as loan applications, guarantor form, DP Notes etc. in a digital system.
- Credit Officer must attend the weekly/bi-weekly/monthly group meetings and should ensure recovery of loan installments.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Strive to provide the best quality service to the client and at field and at the branch office.
- Listen to client’s complaints/concerns/opinions carefully and take appropriate measures.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
- Effective communication skills.
- Writing and reporting skills in English
Educational Qualifications: Minimum “A” Level from any institution.
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
Candidates need to send a signed letter of interest in PDF format indicating the title of position applied for, updated CV mentioning educational grades, years of experience, and notarized copies of academic qualifications. All those documents should be sent through email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by hand delivery to BRAC Rwanda Country Office, KG 9 Ave, House-54, Nyarutarama (Near Garr Hotel), Gasabo, Kigali city.
Position 1 & 2, only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
Application deadline: 11th March 2019 at 16hrs.
Only women should apply for the above positions.