FXB Rwanda is a Rwandan Local Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) created in February 2012. It is affiliated to FXB International; an international NGO created in 1989, whose mission is to fight poverty and HIV/AIDS. In line with its program implementation in various districts of Rwanda, FXB Rwanda would like to recruit “DREAMS Field Officers” for USAID Turengere Abana Program who will report directly to the DREAMS Coordinator and will be based in Nyanza district.
Position title: DREAMS Field Officer
Reports to: DREAMS Coordinator
Number of position: 2
Job location: Nyanza District
Period: One-year renewable based on performance
The Field officers will be responsible for planning and coordination of DREAMS like activities implemented through peer educators. DREAMS like program aims for HIV Prevention among adolescent girls and young women (AGYW).
- Sensitization of beneficiaries and communities on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR), Gender-Based Violence (GBV), HIV prevention and collaboration with local health centers to ensure beneficiaries’ access to HIV Testing and Counseling (HTC) as well as ensuring access to HIV care and treatment of patients in needs;
- Train and equip ANTI-AIDS club leaders on adolescent counseling techniques on HIV/AIDS;
- Organize campaigns on menstrual health management and Teenager pregnancies prevention at Youth Friendly Center (YFC) level for club leaders and AGYW;
- Organize quarterly meetings with ANTI AIDs Club leaders to monitor program activities;
- Sensitize and train ANTI AIDs Club leaders on family planning, GBV and Gender, and Positive Masculinity;
- Train and equip ANTI AIDs Club leaders/peer educators on HIV Testing and Counseling (HTC) and Adherence to Antiretroviral Therapy (ART);
- Train and equip ANTI AIDs Club leaders on Family Planning and psychosocial support;
- Participation in preparation of action plans (weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually) in consultation with the DREAMS Coordinator and other colleagues;
- Provide technical support to program volunteers/peer educators including mentors
- Participation in the monitoring and evaluation of program activities.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s in public health, nursing or any other related field;
- At least 3 years of experience in health promotion activities
- Computer literate to a high standard in Microsoft Office
- Good communication skills in French or English and Kinyarwanda;
- Must have a driving license, category A
- Experience in a similar position will be an added advantage
- Experience in USAID funded programs is an added advantage
Interested candidates with required skills and competencies are requested to submit their applications addressed to FXB Rwanda Executive Director to the following address: FXB Rwanda Coordination Office, Bridge1 House, KN 7 RD, Avenue Poids Lourds, Muhima-Nyarugenge-Kigali.
The applications include a motivation letter, CVs and well completed FXB application form must be submitted not later than Monday, March 4th, 2019 at 4 pm. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for exams.
The application form can be downloaded from http://www.mediafire.com/download/68hw76cw49ch06q/Job_Application_Form_-__FXB.pdf