Nile Equatorial Lakes Subsidiary Action Program Coordination Unit
Regional Rusumo Falls Hydroelectric Project
The Nile Basin Initiative (NBI) is a partnership of the riparian states of the Nile River. The NBI seeks to develop the river basin resources in a cooperative manner, share substantial socioeconomic benefits, and promote regional peace and security. Within the framework of the NBI, the Governments of Burundi, Rwanda, and Tanzania have received financial support from World Bank for implementation of the Regional Rusumo Falls Hydroelectric Project (RRFHP), conceived as part of the Nile Equatorial Lakes Subsidiary Action Program (NELSAP).
The Regional Rusumo Falls Hydroelectric Project Procurement Assistant is professional support staff of the Rusumo project. His/her duty is to support the Project PIU in the management and implementation of the Procurement functions in various activities under the Rusumo Project, particularly in Local Area Development activities and Livelihood restoration program and will also provide support to ensure proper functioning and management of Procurement activities at Rusumo PIU level.
- Accountability and Reporting
The Procurement Assistant will report and be accountable to the Rusumo Project Procurement Officer
- Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Business Administration or related field;
- 5 years of progressively responsible experience in the field of procurement;
- Demonstrable experience in a business environment in procurement services in either the public or private sector. Experience gained in organizations with a regional dimension is an added advantage;
- Have a strong ability to work in a team environment with a results-based orientation and to bring tasks to completion under tight deadlines ;
- Has demonstrated the ability to follow World Bank Procurement procedures and guidelines ;
- Outstanding communications skills, including interpersonal communications and strong writing skills;
- High standards of integrity, professionalism, and impartiality;
- Have working knowledge of MS Office software, MS Project, windows etc;
- Knowledge of a procurement software (STEP,etc…) is an added advantage;
- Fluency in English and French. Working knowledge of Kiswahili is an added advantage.
4. How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their electronic application addressed to the NELSAP Regional Coordinator through the following e-mail address:
- A cover letter with a statement on the applicant’s interest in the given assignment and suitability based on the given TOR;
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) including date of birth and nationality (Recommended CV Format available on Website);
- Copies of academic & professional training certificates
The subject of the email should be “NELSAP/Regional Rusumo Hydroelectric Project Procurement Assistant and the candidate name”. Deadline for submission is on 13th March 2019 before 17:00 hours Rwanda time
Only candidates who meet the requirements and are short-listed for the interview will be contacted