READING RESOURCES AND GAPS FOR BOOKS WITH CHILD PROTECTION (CP) MESSAGES-Consultancy
Save the Children will deliver an integrated child protection and literacy interventions in prevention and response to violence in order to improve children’s learning through the School For Change project. The project aims to create safe child-friendly schools and communities where children can be safe, achieve their potential as learners and pave the way for a better future. The main objective of the project is to have strengthened child protection systems in schools and communities for improved learning outcomes for children.
This consultancy seeks to analyse the Rwanda children’s book publishing environment to understand its capabilities, opportunities, readership and business environment regarding child protection and positive discipline messaging and document readying resources and gaps
Qualifications and experience
- University degree (Masters preferred) in fields related to Development Studies, Social Sciences, or Political Sciences;
- Strong proven experience in conducting children’s books assessments for reputable INGO’s;
- Proven experience working in the children’s book sector;
- Strong understanding of positive discipline approach;
- Strong analytical skills and proven ability to write high-quality research documents;
- Proven knowledge of qualitative data analysis;
- Fluency in English;
- Knowledge and understanding of the Rwandan context, particularly with regard to practices relating to children’s books, child protection and positive discipline;
- Knowledge of Save the Children and its internal processes will be beneficial but is not essential
Contract length: 25 days of completion.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to organize events targeting children and young people.
Interested candidates should send application letter, Detailed response to ToRs , with specific focus addressing the scope of work, work plan, methodology to be used and sampling criteria (4-6 pages, Company/individual profile or CV including a minimum of including 3 names of professional referees and Detailed budget breakdown based on expected daily rates. Send a single document in English to below link
The deadline for receiving applications is March 11th, 2019.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.*
*Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process*