Scope of Work
Laboratory Logistics Advisor
The Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management
The Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC) – Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) project will be the primary vehicle through which USAID will 1) procure and provide health commodities, 2) provide technical assistance to improve partner countries’ management of the supply chain, and 3) collaborate with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives. There are three main task orders for the project: HIV/AIDS, President’s Malaria Initiative, and Population and Reproductive Health.
The Laboratory Logistics Advisor will be the principal point of contact for GHSC-PSM and may be involved with USAID activity manager for Laboratory activities on such as quantification/forecasting, supply plan development, procurement and distribution, and any other related activities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary contact within GHSC-PSM for laboratory commodities management: Quantification, forecasting, reporting and overall planning of Laboratory commodities activities. Maintain a list of labs contacts at each lab, communicating changes to the master list
- Collect and analyze data from e-LMIS and other sources on routine basis. Contribute to the quantification and forecasting of lab commodities and associated supplies; development of supply plans, and the ongoing monitoring of the supply plans and pipelines.
- Prepare and submit monthly stock status updates for Laboratory commodities and other relevant reports as deem necessary by the project.
- Travel to lab sites to provide supportive supervision and on‐the‐job training, in collaboration with Ministry of Health (MOH) staff, and National reference Laboratory to strengthen the Laboratory commodities supply chain management.
- Work with GHSC-PSM stakeholders to implement strategies and innovations to improve the performance of the supply chain of Laboratory commodities in Rwanda.
- Assist in the creation of reporting templates, standard operating procedures, supervision checklists, training materials, key performance indicators, feedback reports, and project reporting as appropriate.
- Support the implementation of the Laboratory bundling strategies and other innovations to strengthen Laboratory commodities management.
- Perform other tasks as directed by the GHSC-PSM leadership and direct supervisor. Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the field office policy manual.
- Support achievement of the overall project goals and targets as required to ensure project performance
- Bachelor’s degree in medical laboratory sciences or its equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in supply chain management of Laboratory Commodities.
- Must have adequate practical knowledge in all laboratory equipment and reagents
- Significant knowledge and extensive experience in clinical laboratory work including laboratory commodities supply chain management in Rwanda.
- Demonstrated ability to work in the public health supply chain environment
- Understanding of the USG supported HIV, TB, and Malaria laboratory system strengthening is an added value
- Ability to use Microsoft Office packages (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) is a requirement.
- Ability to use tools such as FORLAB, pipeline, and other quantification tools.
- Knowledge and use of e-LMIS is required.
- Training, presentation, and writing skills are required.
- Show a keen interest in learning and making a career in logistics management of health commodities is desirable and ability to learn and be mentored.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Written and spoken English fluency required
Level of Effort and Location
This long-term position will be based in Kigali, Rwanda, with intermittent travel throughout the country or outside the country.
Supervision: The Laboratory Logistics Advisor will report to Senior Commodity Security Advisor, GHSC-PSM Rwanda.
Application Process: Application should include an application letter, a detailed Curriculum Vitae, copy of academic qualifications, three professional references, telephone contacts and email addresses. Deadline for submission of application: March 14, 2019, at noon.
Please apply to The Country Director, GHSC-PSM Project, Rwanda
E-mail your application on firstname.lastname@example.org and mention “Laboratory Logistics Advisor” as a subject of your email. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted, and no phone calls will be accepted in relation to the subject.
Done at Kigali on March 1, 2019
GHSC-PSM Project Country Director