Call for Applications – Segal Family Foundation – Social Impact Incubator for Local Social Innovators in Rwanda
Segal Family Foundation (SFF) is seeking to promote the strength and impact of social enterprises in Sub-Saharan African countries, including Rwanda. SFF believes that there is an opportunity to draw on the efforts of the government, private sector, local organizations, social entrepreneurs, INGOs, funders and investors to build a robust response to Rwanda’s most pressing challenges. Thus, we have created the Social Impact Incubator (SII) to be located in Kigali, Rwanda.
Through SII, we aim to create an environment for innovators to amplify and grow their impact, by providing tools, building networks, and connecting them to investment. SII is built to transform organizations at three levels: individual, organizational, and ecosystem. We believe that supporting visionary leaders builds strong and stable organizations that create a more cohesive ecosystem for young social entrepreneurs to be successful.
With the Social Impact incubator, we aim to:
- Provide linkages for locally led innovators to access capacity building resources, tools, training & networks they need to amplify their work;
- Foster collaboration amongst social innovators & ecosystem building across sectors;
- Encourage donors and investors to work collaboratively with grassroots NGOs & SEs and attract new funding and investment to local NGOs & SEs in Rwanda.
Who is a Social Innovator?
Are you a person or do you know a person, with the passion and drive it takes to challenge the status quo when things could be better in your community? Did you start an initiative to address the need? Apply for the Social Impact incubator. We support visionaries designing solutions to address real problems on Education, Health, Technology, Environment, Livelihood. Our “Champions” are the innovators selected to participate in the program following the intense and competitive recruitment process.
From Launch to graduation, Social Impact Incubator offers:
- Capacity building through in-class & on-site trainings: offered once a week for 7 months
- Mentorship with leaders in your field throughout the program
- Individualized coaching to address the capacity needs of your organization/ social enterprise
- Convening champions with investors, donors, and other partner’s community who can support local initiatives to accelerate their impact.
At the end of the program:
We offer small grants to high performing Champions. Along with funding, we continue coaching, mentoring, and networking with our new partners. All Champions can join the Champion-driven Alumni Network to be launched after graduation by the Segal Family Foundation.
- You are a local social innovator (Rwandan NGO or SE)
- Your organization is registered in Rwanda
- You are early stage (1- 8 years)
- You can clearly articulate the change your organization is bringing to Rwandan communities
Apply Now – Application Deadline – March 20th, 2019.
Are you our next champion? Please follow this link to send us your application.
For more information:
Please do not hesitate to contact our team via email:caroline@SIIrwanda.org for more information about the social impact incubator and/or the application process.
Also, check out our website: www.segalfamilyfoundation.org or read this article from the Huffpost about our African Visionary Fellowship, or visit the SII Malawi Facebook page to check what other SII champions are up to!